In the midst of the announcements concerning charges for room service and an additional cost menu item, Royal Caribbean is finally doing something to benefit some guest. This week Royal Caribbean has announced a bevy of benefits for their guests staying in suites. These new benefits range from special key cards to VIP seating at the pool and will commence this March.
Here is a list of the new benefits:
- Concierge Club access – All suite guests aboard Radiance-, Voyager- and Freedom-class ships will receive access to the Concierge Club.
- Elite keycards Guests staying in Grand Suites or higher will receive a special gold key card so the staff can better identify you.
- Extra Edibles – On the first formal evening, Suite guests will receive a pre-dinner cheese presentation, with petit fours delivered at turndown on the second formal evening. Free 24-hour room service, coffee and tea will be available throughout the cruise, guests will also be able to order a full breakfast, lunch and dinner from the main dining room’s menus.
- Priority check-in – Guests staying in the Presidential Family, Royal, Royal Family, Owner’s and Grand suites will be granted access to dedicated security and check-in lines to expedite the embarkation process. Those staying in the top-tier Royal and Presidential Family suites will be met and escorted onboard by a senior officer.
- Priority disembarkation and luggage service – Passengers will have access to priority disembarkation and will receive complimentary luggage transfer to the airport.
- Upgraded cabin amenities – Scheduled to be completed by 2010 is the refurnishing of some 2000+ suites across the fleet. Upgrades will include plush sofa beds, new deckchairs and tables, and new entertainment systems including flat-panel televisions and CD/DVD players.
- Upgraded room service – Suite guests will be able to enjoy complimentary slippers, bathrobes, Vitality bathroom toiletries, Ghirardelli chocolates at turndown, plush duvets and a special pillow menu.
- VIP access – Guests staying in the Grand Suite and higher category cabins will receive an invitation to a private cocktail reception hosted by the Captain. They will also receive VIP seating for shows in the main theater, priority bookings in the salon and spa, and priority access for tendering and shore excursion tickets.
- VIP poolside seating – Suite passengers sailing on Voyager- and Freedom-class ships will be able to access reserved VIP seating both poolside and at the ice shows in the Studio B venue.
How do you feel about the new benefits for Royal Caribbean’s Suite Guests?